Having soft glowing skin is something everyone wants but can be hard to achieve. Before I started school for master esthetics I had average skin, it wasn’t terrible but it definitely could have been better. Here are a few tips to help you achieve that glow!
1. Wear sunscreen. I cannot say this enough! Sunscreen is so important. The sun’s harsh rays damage and age your skin. If you are not protecting your skin you are causing yourself premature aging. Aging can be slowed but it can not be reversed.
2. Drink lots of water. Here in Utah everyone can relate to dry skin. The summers are hot and dry. Your body will first start showing signs of dehydration in your skin. Your skin will become dry and flaky when it loses water. Drinking lots of water will be your best friend! Water will help your body flush out toxins, it will also help keep your breakouts to minimum.
3. Get enough sleep. While your body is sleeping it has the opportunity to focus its energy on healing itself. Without sleep it won’t have the energy it needs to help the cells in your body repair your damaged skin and remove toxins.
4. Exfoliate. When your skin cells builds up on your face it can clog pores that results in zits. I recommend exfoliating at least twice a week. My favorite way to exfoliate my face is with an enzyme mask. The enzymes will eat all the little flakes of dead skin right off your face, resulting in clean pores.
5. Diet. Your skin will reflect the way you eat. If you are eating a lot of processed food your body will not be getting the vitamins and amino acids it needs to produce healthy new cells and collagen. Collagen is what makes your skin firm and plump.
6. No makeup overnight. Wearing makeup to bed prohibits your skin from breathing properly. It clogs your pores resulting in breakouts. When removing your makeup, cleanse your face twice. Use a creamy cleanser or even a makeup wipe to break up the oils and makeup on your skin, then use your regular cleanser to help remove excess makeup, oil and dirt that was not previously removed.
7. Schedule regular facials. If you are having skin concerns an esthetician can feel and see your skin to help you improve your at home routine for maximum results. A facial helps products to penetrate deeper than they normally would on their own. Facials usually consist of cleanse, exfoliate, massage, mask, serum and moisturizer.
Healthy habits will show in your skin! If you have skincare concerns don’t be afraid to ask a professional advice on how to correct it. Love your skin!